Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Shannon's Review - The Color Of Rain by Cori McCarthy


TheColorOfRain.jpg

Title: The Color Of Rain
Series: N/A
Author: Cori McCarthy
Genre: Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Young Adult
Publisher: Running Press
Received: From Author For Review
Release Date: May 2013
Pages: 352
Rating:
rating4sm.gif



Author Cori McCarthy Official Websites:

Website

Blog

Facebook

Twitter



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Teenager Rain lives in a dark world where many of the people catch an illness that robs them of their memory not unlike alzheimer's.  She has already lost both parents and a brother and she is now about to lose her younger brother, the only family she has left. She does what she has to find a cure and save him even if that means she has to sell herself to do it.

I had never really read a story like this.  I usually stay away from sci-fi but I was pleasantly surprised with The Color Of Rain. The fact that Rain goes to any extreme to save her brother, her friend and sometimes herself was a little shocking to me. The story had a darkness to it.  Just when you thought things might get better it got a little worse.

The Color Of Rain is another ones of those stories that falls in the category wanting more after finished. I wanted a sequel.  It ends well enough but I just wanted to know what else happened. I am also a little surprised it is considered a young adult book.  It does have some heavy adult themes.

I finished the book a few months ago and the story still sticks with me. Which to me means it was a good read.  My mind still wanders to the characters wondering what they are doing.  Or if I would sacrifice myself for my family the way Rain did. The story cuts deep and shocks your core a little but worth a read.




No comments: