Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Shannon's Review - Wade And The Scorpion's Claw by Tony Abbott


Title: Wade And The Scorpion’s Claw
Series: The Copernicus Archives #1
Author: Tony Abbott
Genre: Fiction, Juvenile, Adventure
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Received: Borrowed
Release Date: September 2014
Pages: 224
Rating:


Author Tony Abbott’s Official Websites:


Website:


Blog:
N/A


Facebook:


Twitter:



Shannon’s Thoughts:

An action and adventure series like The National Treasure movies but with children.  The Kaplan family have fallen into a dangerous escapade searching for relics to keep them out of evil groups searching for them as well. The villainous groups have captured Wade’s mother and are not afraid to kill to get what they want.  

This book is a continuation of the Copernicus Legacy but called the Copernicus Archives.  If I understand correctly it takes place in between the 1st book in the Copernicus Legacy and the second 2nd book.  So it is 1.5 in the series. I did not know this because the book says it is number 1 in the series of the Copernicus Archives. So even though I was able to follow and enjoyed some of the adventures I was curious about things I have missed in the story like how Wade’s mother was captured and just how did this adventure start.

I had three problems with this book.  One, these kids are smart, a little too smart.  I mean, as far as I can tell they are American teen/pre-teen (?) that seems to know quite a few different languages like Latin and Portuguese. That is a little hard to believe. Two, the ending was so disappointing.  They didn’t the get what they needed and no info on where to go or how to save the mother. Three, why write a series that goes in between the original series. I picked this up in the library and it said it is number 1 in the series but technically it is not. Way too confusing.

I do not know if I will read any more of this series or it’s “spin-off”.  I believe the only copy the library has is the second book in the Archive series and none of the Legacy Series. I think it is just too confusing.

No comments: